Understanding Impact Concussion Testing
- Baseline test $1.32 per test
- Post test $5.60 per test
- Training Video $250 per video per individual
- Sideline Testing $170
- Schools and teams should purchase ImPACT on a yearly basis.
- Some packages include training that will fulfill CEU credits.
- All test Post and Baseline can be rolled over to the following year if not used at the end of a season.
Sideline/Quick Test In Action
Making the right decision
What is ImPACT?
ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) is the most scientifically validated computerized neurocognitive test used by more than 7,400 high schools and 1,000 colleges and universities to help evaluate and manage suspected concussions. Since 2006, over 7.5 million individuals have taken the ImPACT test.
ImPACT comes in two forms:
– Administered by a physician, nurse, athletic trainer, athletic director, or coach before the start of a sport season, school year, or other activity. Baseline scores are collected and stored on a HIPAA compliant server with Impact Inc. ImPACT recommends re-administering the baseline test every two years.
– Administered by a licensed healthcare provider when a concussion is suspected. Test results are compared to baseline scores and/or normative data scores as part of a healthcare provider’s assessment of the injury. Multiple post-injury tests may be given to an individual during the course of treatment and rehabilitation.
Here’s How ImPACT Works:
- 25-minute computerized, online test for ages 12-59
- Delivered via a secure web portal
- Taken via a desktop computer (PC and Mac compatible) that has an internet connection and a mouse
- Administered in the presence of a physician, nurse, athletic trainer, athletic director, or coach (only a licensed healthcare provider can administer an ImPACT post-injury test)
- Results interpreted by a licensed healthcare provider
What does ImPACT measure?
The test tracks a student’s symptoms and measures multiple aspects of cognitive functioning, including attention span, working memory, sustained and selective attention time, non-verbal problem solving, and reaction time.
How do I implement ImPACT at my school?
Since the test is computerized, ImPACT is administered in a classroom-like setting with internet-enabled desktop computers. An athletic trainer, coach, or school nurse must be present to administer the test to ensure an optimal testing environment. A licensed healthcare provider interprets the test results as part of their assessment to make return-to-learn decisions.
Impact Concussion Program for students of all ages.
Student-athletes at community colleges across California will benefit from a recently established partnership between ImPACT Applications, Inc. and Student Insurance of California. The partnership enables member institutions of Student Insurance’s Student/Athlete Insurance Network (S.A.I.N.) to distribute ImPACT® concussion baseline and post-injury testing for their student-athletes. Student Insurance insures the majority of community colleges in California. Through this partnership, nearly 100 California colleges will have access to specially priced, state-of-the-art baseline testing to cover its athletes.
In addition, athletic trainers employed by schools in S.A.I.N. and other eligible colleges, will have the opportunity to attend training workshops in specially priced packages and earn Continuing Education Units and BOC-approved Evidence-Based Practice credits. The training provides comprehensive academic training on sports concussion management and ImPACT. At the completion of training, athletic trainers will become credentialed ImPACT Trained Athletic Trainers (ITATs).
“We are excited to work with a company that has a broad reach across a large state like California,” said Michael Wahlster, chief executive officer of ImPACT Applications. “Our partnership with Student Insurance will go a long way in promoting concussion awareness, identification, and treatment among college students.”
Marie Martinelli, President of STUDENT INSURANCE, enthusiastically states, For nearly seventy years we have been California’s health & accident insurance industry leader to the athletes and students of K-12, Community Colleges, Technical Schools, Universities and beyond. The ImPACT/STUDENT INSURANCE partnership is a giant leap forward in our endeavors to continually provide programs and services that best assist, care and protect our student/athlete population. We believe this partnership will bring us a step closer to the fulfillment of our motto: health, safety, prevention and care for all our athletes and students at all times”.
Developed by clinical experts who pioneered the field, ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) is the most widely used and most scientifically validated computerized concussion evaluation system. Currently, more than 10,000 medical professionals have been trained by ImPACT on concussion management. ImPACT is in use by the large majority of teams in MLB, NHL, NFL, and MLS. More than 7,400+ high schools, 1,000+ colleges and universities, 900+ clinical centers, 200+ professional teams, select military units, Cirque du Soleil, and many other organizations around the globe use ImPACT. ImPACT Applications, Inc., provides tools such as the ImPACT Concussion Management Model to address the need for an accurate, medically accepted assessment system as part of an overall concussion management protocol. ImPACT is constantly updating products, services, and industry-leading training programs by integrating new technologies, input from experts and users, and ongoing research on concussion rehabilitation methods.